Hydronics Success - Afternoon Session
Ferguson Enterprises - 2350 W County Rd C, Roseville, MN 55113
The Minnesota Heating and Cooling Association presents...
Unlocking the Secrets of Hydronics Success
Do You Know the “Magic” Equation: DD=MR?
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
12:30 p.m. Registration
1:00 p.m. Program
5:00 p.m. Session Ends
This is a fast-paced, fact-filled day of hydronics adventure, so make sure to bring an open mind, a pad of paper and a pen filled with ink! You’re guaranteed to learn things you can put to use the very next day!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why professionals do the math.
- The right way to select a boiler and what all those ratings really mean.
- How the math helps you size pipe and accessories properly & economically.
- What’s up with air separators?
- Choosing the right circulator, and why a 3-speed is not the only pump you’ll ever need!
- The secrets behind pump curves, systems curves and system efficiency.
- What’s better – zoning with circulators or zoning with zone valves?
- Variable speed circulators – why use them and how much electricity do they really save?
- Why is the system wide Delta-T important?
- How to pipe up modulating-condensing boilers so they last a long time and are as efficient as advertised.
- How to make sure you get the most out of your indirect hot water tank.
About the Instructor: John Barba has been in the heating industry most of his life. His practical experience includes everything from boiler piping and PEX installing to business management and contractor sales. Since 1995, John has trained nearly 20,000 contractors on the fine art and subtle science of hydronic heating design and installation through highly interactive, entertaining and informative seminars. John is Residential Training Manager for Taco, Inc, is the 2012-2014 recipient of the Carlson-Holohan Industry Award of Excellence, and was recently named the industry’s Best Trainer for 2015 by AHRI News Magazine. John lives in Prior Lake, MN.
$79.00 for MHCA Members
$149.00 for non-MHCA Members
JOIN MHCA FOR $395.00 AND SAVE ON THIS AND EVERY PROGRAM!